We are please to announce our phased return to practice!
We are preparing for our reopening on the Monday 8th June!! Part of this involves giving you an update on the steps we are taking.
Infection control has always been a top priority. Our practice follows stringent standards of infection control so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We are now focusing on new practice protocols in order to operate a safe and efficient dental practice for all our patients, our staff and our wider community following the COVID-19 crisis.
You will note some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We are making these changes and revising our protocols to help protect you, our patients, and our team.
Before you arrive at the practice, we ask you to:
- Complete a pre-appointment screening process
- Ensure your medical history has been updated and your payment has been made
- Visit the restroom as we will not have facilites available at the practice
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds before leaving your home
- Thoroughly brush your teeth just before arrival
- Avoid bringing anyone with you unless absolutely necessary (for example one parent maximum accompanying child)
When you arrive for your appointment, we ask you to:
- Arrive 10 minutes early, wait outside or in your car and call the practice to tell us you have arrived
- At the time of your appointment, ring the doorbell and wait for a nurse to greet you at the door.
- Use hand sanitiser and allow us to take your temperature
- Place your personal belongings (coat, handbag) in the box provided, or leave them in your car.
To ensure a safe environment, we will:
- Install perspex panels or ‘germ-guards’ along the reception desk
- Clearly mark out respecting social distance recommendations
- Manage appointments to allow for social distancing between patients
- Set up a daily health screening checkpoint and log for the screening of all staff entering the workplace
- Minimise staff interaction
- Equip our dental staff with additional PPE when in surgery
- Decontaminate communal areas prior to practice opening, at lunchtime and at the end of the day
- Use video and phone consultations whenever possible
- Remove newspapers and magazines from the waiting room
As and when we hear advice from our professional governing bodies, we will keep you updated. Regardless of whether we are open or closed, you can still contact us.
We are available Monday-Friday regarding any dental problems or concerns you may have during this outbreak. We will be able to offer advice, prescribe pain relief and antibiotics should your symptoms meet certain criteria. For dental problems we are unable to manage, we have access to refer patients to the COVID-19 dental emergency Hub network.
You can telephone the practice on 0191 4135490 or email us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are implementing to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.